Willis Custom Yachts is working on becoming the premier custom sportfish builder and full-service repair facility in the United States, through innovation, technology, and exceptional leadership. As WCY continues to experience strategic growth in the next three to five years, our continued success is predicated on hiring well qualified people who will be successful within our current WCY culture. We are committed to the industry’s best customer experience through, Passion, Teamwork, and Unparalleled Quality. We strive to provide a rewarding work environment for all team members with Benefits, 401K, Accident Plan, Referral Bonuses, Employee of the quarter, team lunches and so much more.
Check below our open positions
Job Summary: Must have knowledge of various aspects of marine fiberglass repairs using epoxy, polyester resins, gelcoat, and fiberglass cloth. Carpentry skills and mold fabrication is a plus. Must have good problem-solving skills. Must have knowledge using various paints, primers, fillers, and resin. Experience in erecting temporary spray booths and overspray/exhaust evacuation.
- Fiberglass & paint prep.
- Grind fiberglass & wood.
- Sand various materials.
- Maintain paint rooms.
- Prime & paint various materials.
- Miscellaneous carpentry work.
- Work with various resins & gel coats.
- Use power tools.
- Apply various composites.
- Maintain work areas.
- Knowledge of all running gear and drive lines.
- Disconnect/Reconnect couplings on shafts.
- Remove/install props.
- Knowledge of cutless bearings and shaft seals.
- Steering systems and hydraulics.
- Engine alignment.
- Able to maneuver and handle heavy equipment in awkwardly shaped, and confined spaces.
- Mechanical plumbing functions of a vessel; Fresh, Grey & Black water.
Job Summary: Fabricates, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard, & all other such components related to the construction and completion of work aboard ships and shipyard facilities following blueprints, lay-out drawings, sketches, building plans, or oral instructions.
- Selects specified type of material to be used. Prepares layout, using rule, square, or whatever tool necessary.
- Forms up concrete is necessary.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, or marking instrument.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together using nails, screws, dowel pins, and glue.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions.
- Installs insulation in walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, door frames, doors, interior and exterior panels and trim, weather stripping, and all other finish hardware, such as locks, hinges, knobs, and vents.
- Builds, repairs, and installs counters, cabinets, benches, tables, and all other components associated with the finish work on vessels, using hand tools and power tools.
- Follow company policies/ procedures and observe safety and security procedures.
- Performs incidental tasks such as transporting tools, materials, and supplies. May use overhead cranes. May also operate company vehicles.